Trastevere Small Group Food Tour
With its narrow cobblestone streets and strong sense of communal spirit, Trastevere is a must-see for any visitor to Rome. At night, it is a wonderful festive hangout for tourists and locals alike, with musicians playing in its narrow, winding backstreets and squares and diners and pleasure seekers spilling out from restaurants and bars. On your small group tour, you and up to 7 others, will:
- Sample the freshest ingredients on several tastings throughout the course of the evening
- Indulge in a sit down meal at a local, family-owned restaurant frequented by locals.
- Learn what 'suppli’ are and why the locals love them.
- Enjoy classic Romano food - like cacio e pepe or Amatriciana.
- Taste the best pastries around and meet the neighbourhood’s resident pastry chef of 40 years.
- Learn about (and taste!) the real-deal gelato.
- Sample award-winning local homemade desserts and visit authentic, old wine cellars.
On this evening food tour, your local expert guide will show you the best of Trastevere’s food scene: from family-run pastry shops and delicatessens to gelato and wine. Meet the people behind the magic and immerse yourself in this area’s wonderfully preserved food traditions with several tastings throughout the walk.
On the way, you will have the opportunity to stop by local churches and squares - your guide will provide you with a fascinating local insight into this neighbourhood’s history and traditions and how they have had an impact on food culture. With your small group experience, you can enjoy a tailored, adaptable experience - and be entertained by your new friends along with your local guide. Receive the best local advice for what to do and see for the rest of your stay. Get away from the tourist areas of Rome and spend a fascinating, indulgent day in one of Rome’s most historic areas - this is an evening not to be missed!