Glendalough and the Wicklow Mountains: Private Driving Tour from Dublin
With spectacular natural beauty at every turn, it is no wonder that County Wicklow draws visitors from around the world. Enjoy the scenic coastal drive out of Dublin to historic Glendalough and the Wicklow Mountains. On your private tour, you will:
- Enjoy the personalised attention of a private tour guide and chauffeured car.
- Relax and enjoy the scenic drive out of Dublin to Glendalough and the Wicklow Mountains.
- Discover some of Ireland's most striking panoramic views.
- Explore the many intact structures of Glendalough's 6th century monastic settlement.
- Enjoy time for a quick hike in the Wicklow Mountains.
- Admire the magnificent Powerscourt Gardens (tickets included).
- Enjoy a flexible itinerary in which you can visit Roundwood village or the Guinness lakes (tickets not included).
- End the day with drop-off back at your hotel in Dublin.
Note: This tour is only bookable online for up to 3 guests. For larger groups, please get in touch with us.
At the beginning of the day, you will be picked up by a comfortable, private vehicle and whisked south through the picturesque Irish countryside.
Enjoy your first stop exploring the majestic Powerscourt Gardens – 47 acres of splendour and overlooked by a grand stately home. Your guide will share the weird and wonderful stories associated with these places, before turning inland towards the imperious Wicklow Mountains.
Carved out by a glacier during the last ice age, the valley of Glendalough is one of the natural jewels in Ireland’s crown and is historically important too. After a scenic drive through the mountains, your guide will lead you around Glendalough’s 6th century monastic settlement founded by St. Kevin, complete with a round tower, a cathedral and many smaller churches.
After a hearty pub lunch in the nearby area, the scenic landscape of the countryside awaits you. Decide with your guide whether you would like to explore the Guinness lakes, walk through the Roundwood Village or simply wander wherever your feet may take you - the choice is up to you. Enjoy a relaxing drive back to Dublin at the day’s end.