What makes this tour special
Travel isn’t just about travel, it’s people, faces, food and cultures, fresh perspectives, discoveries and different ways of life - it’s about uncovering the city’s soul. It’s about connection. On your private, guided tour of Paris with a local:
- Enjoy meaningful insights from a local Parisian.
- Hear how locals describe Paris - the experiences that have shaped their worldview of their own city.
- Spend a few hours walking around bohemian Montmartre with a private, local guide.
- Wander down the streets where Renoir, Picasso, and Van Gogh each called home for a season.
- Pick up invaluable recommendations, advice, tips and reassurance as you explore highlights and off-the-beaten-track side streets of this charming neighbourhood.
- Grab a glass of wine or coffee at your local’s favourite sidewalk cafe.
Learn first-hand what locals love about Paris from someone who knows the place inside-out.
Paris evokes romantic visions of intimate bistro tete-a-tetes to the melodic strains of accordion music. While Napoleon didn’t ask designer Georges Haussman to create a City of Love, for many people world-wide Paris is just that. Why? Few cities are so beautifully cared for - from the wide, leafy boulevards and pretty cobbled courtyards to carefully-preserved historic sites. Part of the seduction is UNESCO-protected Paris, home to the iconic Eiffel Tower, Louvre, the Sacré Coeur, and Arc de Triomphe. The city has a style obsession, with Parisian culture ingrained by Haute couture idols Chanel, Dior, and Yves Saint Laurent - to name a few from a lengthy list. Today as a fashion capital, Paris is generously endowed with life’s finest things: museums, art, cultural treasures, perfumeries, grand gardens, galleries and chic boutiques. Equally highly-prize is food with everything served with Parisian panache - be it bœuf à la Bourguignonne or a baguette. To truly be part of Paris, though, it must be experienced with a local.
Enjoying a private, guided tour with a local will help you discover the sights that tourists so often miss. Hear the intriguing backstories and learn the neighbourhood contextual backstories and neighbourhood rumours which bring Paris’ Montmartre district to life. There are no substitutes for anecdotes and first-hand insight – which is why we’ve built this tour: so that you a Parisian can help you side-step the inauthentic and cliche imitations of true Paris. Experience the humour, subtle nuances of Parisian manners, the social conventions and psyche of a place over a glass of house wine or coffee, and then jot down your guide’s version of the real “must do Paris.”