Private Bohemian Montmartre Walking Tour: Home of the Artists
Uncover the history and art of a quintessentially Parisian neighbourhood on this walking tour.
- Explore bohemian Montmartre, the home of world-renowned artists, including Picasso and Renoir.
- See the Sacré-Coeur (external only), Van Gogh’s former home, and the city's last vineyard.
- See the home of the Moulin Rouge.
- Experience some of the best panoramic views of Paris from the top of the hill.￼
- Enjoy a tasty local treat from a french pâtisserie!
In this fascinating walking tour of Montmartre, you will be immersed in Paris' most bohemian and intriguing neighbourhood, whilst exploring this unique enclave of the city. You will see first hand where some of the world’s most influential painters including Renoir, Picasso and Van Gogh, lived and worked on this beautiful hill towering above Paris.
You will also have the pleasure of discovering the windmills and many monuments for which this area is famous. A highlight undoubtedly will be paying a visit to the famous the Moulin Rouge, as well as traversing the highest point in Paris at the gleaming white Sacré-Cœur Basilica.
Sacré-Cœur: Worship and War
Built in the 19th century in the wake of the Franco-Prussian War and the chaotic Paris Commune, the Sacré-Cœur emerged to become a symbol of the struggle between the conservative Catholic establishment and the secular republic radicals. Your expert city guide will explain the complex history of Montmartre, a place of devout worship spanning from the Druids of ancient Gaul right up to today. Make sure you have your camera as you are sure to be rewarded by a spectacular picture-perfect view of Paris below.