Private Normandy D-Day tour: Omaha Beach, American Cemetery & WN60 Strongpoint
This day-long tour provides you with an all-encompassing experience of D-Day, the defining moment of WWII, with visits to key landing points, churches, museums and cemeteries. With over 12 nations involved in what was the largest-scale air and land mission in history, for the sake of depth, this tour explores the Americans’ role in D-Day. As there is so much to see, however, your tour guide will be happy to adapt your itinerary according to your interests.
- Relive the key moments of D-Day on Omaha Beach.
- Visit the American cemetery, where all the American troops who lost their lives are remembered.
- Take in the view at Pointe du Hoc, the highest point between the American sector landings at Utah and Omaha Beaches.
- Visit the Overlord Museum, dedicated to Allied landings in Normandy, with displays of soldiers personal items and armoured fighting vehicles.
- Admire the view over Omaha Beach from its most eastern Fortification.
- See the German gun battery of Longues sur Mer, a range-finding post and four casemates, each housing a 150-mm gun.
- Comfortable car-travel provided for the whole day. Your experience of Normandy will not be affected by rain or bad weather!
- Private tour guide throughout the day.
You will learn about the ins and outs of the war and D-Day from your expert guide who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.