The Best of Toronto: Private Half-Day Highlights Walking Tour
Explore the buzzing Toronto, Ontario's capital, famous for its skyscrapers, glorious views, and history, on this 4-hour private walking tour where you'll see all the main highlights of the city, along three of the major neighbourhoods, including the Toronto Sign at Nathan Phillips Square, the iconic St Lawrence Market and the historic pedestrian-only Distillery District - a cultural hub set in quaint 19th-century buildings along cobblestone streets.
On your private tour, you will:
- Explore Nathan Phillips Square one of the major landmarks of the area including the famous Toronto Sign;
- Walk past the Toronto City Hall and the Old City Hall;
- Stop outside the historic Union Station and walk through Brookfield Place famous for its beautiful architecture - the soaring buttresses of the grand atrium provide cover for a buzzing food court and a rotation of exhibitions;
- Admire the impressive height of the CN Tower, the iconic landmark of Toronto;
- Learn all about the Hockey Hall of Fame from the outside, Canada's very popular national sport;
- Walk through pretty Berczy Park, take a look at the historic red brick Gooderham Building - also called the Flatiron Building;
- Pass by St. James Cathedral, the mother church of the Diocese of Toronto and one of the oldest congregations in the city, with a history dating back to 1797;
- Visit the iconic St. Lawrence Market - created in the 19th century it is one of the world's great markets, the hundreds of stalls run by successive generations of families passionate about their trade;
- End your tour at the amazing Distillery District, a true cultural hub set in historic whiskey warehouses, where you'll enjoy a short guided orientation stroll around the area before saying goodbye to your guide and exploring at your leisure.
Toronto is a major Canadian city set on Lake Ontario’s northwestern shore. It's a dynamic cosmopolitan city, with historic buildings alongside towering skyscrapers - all dwarfed by the iconic CN Tower. Enjoy the buzzing atmosphere and fascinating history of Toronto on this 4-hour walking tour of its many highlights.
Learn about Canadian culture as well as the evolution of the city as you discover three of the main neighbourhoods in the city, Downtown, Old Town and the Distillery District.
Canadians are famous for their love of sport and the outdoors, and of course, you'll hear all about the incredibly popular national sport - ice hockey - outside the Hockey Hall of Fame!
St Lawrence Market is a real highlight of this tour - set in three historic buildings, the South Market, North Market and St Lawrence Hall - and selling everything from fresh fruit and veg to antiques, fish and meat to boutique clothing!
Your tour ends in the pedestrianised Distillery District, set in quaint 19th-century buildings that once housed a large whiskey distillery. Your guide will orient you around this vibrant area before leaving you to explore the galleries, sculptures, bars, boutiques, and other theatrical spaces at your leisure.
Come December, the annual Toronto Christmas Market takes over the streets.