Private Tour of the Kunsthistorisches Fine Arts Museum
Built in 1891 to house the Imperial family’s extensive art collection, the Kunsthistorisches Museum is considered the one of the most important art museums in the world. On your private, guided tour of the museum, you will:
- Stroll beautiful galleries and halls decorated with gold leaf, marble and stucco.
- See works by Great Masters Rembrandt, Velázquez, Raphael, Vermeer and Klimt.
- Admire exquisite sculptural art, Egyptian artefacts, Antiquities, coins and cartoons.
- Have your choice of the parts of the museum you wish to highlight or pass over.
- Discuss the evolution of Renaissance art and the techniques and influences of the genre.
- Enjoy the architectural splendour of the truly magnificent building - world-class art in itself.
Commissioned by Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria-Hungary himself at a time of considerable investment into the city’s rich, vibrant art and cultural scene, the museum’s eminent works include the single largest exhibit of paintings by Brabant-born Pieter Bruegel the Elder, a celebrated Dutch and Flemish Renaissance artist famous for his landscapes and bucolic peasant scenes. Spanning five millennia, from Ancient Egypt, the Middle Ages and the Renaissance to Baroque and the modern era, artworks are resplendently presented in magnificent setting of the grandest decor.
The Private Highlights Tour of Vienna’s Kunsthistorisches Museum that will connect you with the pieces throughout time. We will cut through the crowds to reach some exceptional examples of European art history, such as Raphael’s "Madonna in the Meadow," Vermeer’s "The Allegory of Painting”, Rembrandt’s 1652 self-portrait and Velazquez’s Infanta paintings - including his most celebrated oil, “Infanta Margarita Teresa in a Blue Dress” produced in 1659, a year before his death. With the invaluable inside knowledge of our expert guide, we will stroll opulent gold-and-stucco galleries to browse glorious masterpieces by Ruben, Rembrandt, Dürer and Titian. Discuss the inspiration behind the Renaissance era’s greatest paintings and sculptures and debate emerging techniques that often echoed exciting evolutions in philosophy, literature and music. Your private, expert guide will help you seek out curious, rare treasures that offer fascinating insights into mysterious Eastern cultures together with antiquities from Greek and Roman history. Marvel at the splendour of the museum's octagonal dome roof, in itself a breathtaking work of art.